|Distribution description||North America, Middle America and most of South America.|
|Notes on presence status||Two escaped import birds were reported in the early 1970s. Probably the released birds came from Colombia and were released on Aruba, last recorded in 1982 (Prins et al. 2009)|
- Bird Watching Curaçao 2016. 2016 - A year in birds. 42. Curaçao Footprint Foundation. [link]
- Peterson, G. 2016. Checklist Version 2, ABC Birds of Aruba. 16 pp. Aruba Birdlife Conservation.
- Peterson, G.M. 2018. Aruba Bird Checklist. 16 pp. Aruba Birdlife Conservation.
- Prins, T.G., J.H. Reuter, A.O. Debrot, J. Wattel & V. Nijman 2009. Checklist of the birds of Aruba, Curaçao and Bonaire, South Caribbean. Ardea 97(2): 137-268.
- Schets, P.-P. 2018. New Bird Records for Bonaire 2016-2017. BioNews 11: 14-18.
- Wells, J.V. & A.C. Wells 2017. Birds of Aruba, Bonaire, and Curaçao: a site and field guide. 474pp. Cornell University Press.