|Notes on presence status||Originally, when there was only a single name for an entire species complex, the name was applied to all populations of that group. Since then, those species complexes were divided up and new names for regional populations were described. But older museum records and older publications would still have the old name. Lythrypus mowbrayi was described from Bermuda, and then used for all barred Lythrypnus in the Caribbean. But since then, the regional populations have been described and L. mowbrayi appeared to be L. nesiotes (Benjamin Victor, pers. comm).|
- Pers. comm. Benjamin Victor.
- Metzelaar, J. 1919. Over Tropische Atlantische vissen. 314. A.H.Kruyt Uitgever, Amsterdam.
- Metzelaar, J. 1922. On a collection of marine fishes from the lesser Antilles. Bijdragen tot de Dierkunde 22(1): 133-141.
- Nagelkerken, W.P. 1974. On the occurrence of fishes in relation to corals in Curaçao. Studies on the fauna of Curaçao and other Caribbean Islands 45: 118-141. [link]
- Pattengill-Semmens, C.V. 2010. The reef fish assemblage of Bonaire Marine Park: an analysis of REEF Fish Survey Data. Proceedings 53rd Gulf and Caribbean Fisheries Institute 53: 591-605.
- Robertson, D.R., Estapé, C.J., Estapé, A.M., Peña, E., Tornabene, L., Baldwin, C.C. 2020. The marine fishes of St Eustatius Island, northeastern Caribbean: an annotated, photographic catalog. ZooKeys 1007: 145-180. [link]
- Anderson, C.L., Tassell, J.L. van, Brown, B., Robertson, D.R., Piontek, S., Hoetjes, P.C., Sparks, J.S., Kramer, A. & Buurt, G. van 2006. Preliminary list of fishes from the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute expedition to Curaçao with comparison to previously formulated lists. [link]
- Williams, J.T., Carpenter, K.E., Tassell, J.L. van, Hoetjes, P., Toller, W., Etnoyer, P. & Smith, M. 2010. Biodiversity Assessment of the Fishes of Saba Bank Atoll, Netherlands Antilles. PLoS ONE 5(5): 1-37. [link]