|Distribution description||From tropical and subtropical regions all over the world. Most common mosquito on all the inhabited islands of the Antilles (van der Kuyp, 1954).|
- Buurt, G. van, Debrot, A.O., 2012. Introduced agricultural pests, plant and animals diseases and vectors in the Dutch Caribbean, with an “Alert species” list. 1-35. IMARES, Wageningen.
- Kuyp, E. van der, 1953. Culicinae from the Netherlands Antilles and some other Caribbean Localities. Studies on the fauna of Curaçao and other Caribbean Islands 4 : 144-148.
- Kuyp, E. van der, 1954. Mosquitoes of the Netherlands Antilles and their hygienic importance. Studies on the fauna of Curaçao and other Caribbean Islands 5 : 37-114.
- Madden, H., 2015. Invasive species of St. Eustatius. 39 pp. STENAPA.
- Snetselaar, J., Andriessen, R., Suer, R.A., Osinga, A.J., Knols, B.G.J., Farenhorst, M., 2014. Development and evaluation of a novel contamination device that targets multiple life-stages of Aedes aegypti. Parasites & Vectors 7 : 200.
- Yokoyama, M., 2010. The Incomplete Guide to the Wildlife of Saint Martin. 129 pp. sxm wildlife.
- Yokoyama, M., 2013. The Incomplete guide to the wildlife of Saint Martin. Revised and expanded second edition. 131. sxm wildlife.